Training visa (Subclass 407)

This training visa (subclass 407) is a temporary visa allowing you to stay in Australia for up to 2 years. This visa allows people to take part in workplace-based training to improve their skills for their job, area of tertiary study, the field of expertise or in a professional development training program in Australia.

Nomination requirements are different depending on the purpose or type of training. In the Nomination stage, the sponsor provides details about the nominee (intended trainee), the purpose or type of training and how and where the training will be provided.

There are 3 types of occupational training covered by this visa:

  • Occupational training required for registration - Learn More
  • Occupational training to improve skills in an eligible occupation - Learn More
  • Occupational training for capacity building overseas. Learn More

Include family?

You can include members of the family unit in your application when you apply, apply before your application decision or as a subsequent entrant after your visa granted.

Family members applying subsequently should:

  • Be listed on the nomination form if their sponsor is not a Commonwealth Government Agency, and
  • Provide a letter from the sponsor of the primary applicant confirming the sponsor has agreed to sponsor them

If you apply for this visa from outside Australia, family members who are not coming to Australia might also have to meet our health requirements.

Financial Capacity:

You will need to show evidence of your financial capacity to support yourself and your family while you are in Australia

If you are in the eligible occupation or have approved sponsor, you may contact Vista Migration and Education Services - helping skilled individuals migrate to Australia!

Blog posts

English Test for PARTNER VISAS Permanent Stage (SC100/801)

Proposed Changes For PARTNER VISAS Permanent Stage (SC100/820)Recently The federal government announced proposed significant changes in partner visa (Permanent Stage) eligibility. This changes not implemented yet and most probably it will come in effect at the middle/ end of 2021. What are the proposed changes? Applicants and Sponsor will be required to pass the English language requirement only for Permanent stage partner visa (subclass 100/820). Whilst the level of English is not yet determined, it most likely is a basic English test. The applicant may need to show functional English (IELTS band score 4.5. no less than 4 on each band).

Read More

Subclass 491 visa nomination updates (NSW)

Subclass 491 visa nomination updates (NSW)Changes in the subclass 491visa nomination process and nomination criteria Under this new arrangement, each RDA will be responsible for setting their own eligible skilled occupations for nomination and accepting and assessing nomination applications for Skilled Work Regional visa (subclass 491) visa. Regional Development Australia (RDA) offices will begin assisting NSW Treasury manages the subclass 491 visa in early February 2021. Information on applying for nomination through participating RDAs, including eligible skilled occupations, will be made available on their respective websites. Nomination Criteria for a 491 visa in NSW will remain consistent across all regions and can be found below.

Read More


Study overseas is full of exciting opportunities, exploring a new country, cultures, meet new people, and make new memories. However, medical insurance is one essential thing that should be sorted before you are heading overseas.Medical insurance is a legal requirement for student visa holders in many countries, including Australia, Canada, the UK, and New Zealand. Without appropriate health cover, you might not be able to grant a student visa in your chosen country.

Read More


Pursuing your higher education from a country like Canada, Australia, The U.K., or New Zealand. could be the best decision you ever take for yourself. Most of the students from around the world take up international education with the prime motive of enhancing career opportunities or getting permanent residency in a developed nation. Studying in Canada is one of the best ways to get a Permanent Residency in this wonderful country.

Read More