This training visa (subclass 407) is a temporary visa allowing you to stay in Australia for up to 2 years. This visa allows people to take part in workplace-based training to improve their skills for their job, area of tertiary study, the field of expertise or in a professional development training program in Australia.
Nomination requirements are different depending on the purpose or type of training. In the Nomination stage, the sponsor provides details about the nominee (intended trainee), the purpose or type of training and how and where the training will be provided.
There are 3 types of occupational training covered by this visa:
- Occupational training required for registration - Learn More
- Occupational training to improve skills in an eligible occupation - Learn More
- Occupational training for capacity building overseas. Learn More
You can include members of the family unit in your application when you apply, apply before your application decision or as a subsequent entrant after your visa granted.
Family members applying subsequently should:
- Be listed on the nomination form if their sponsor is not a Commonwealth Government Agency, and
- Provide a letter from the sponsor of the primary applicant confirming the sponsor has agreed to sponsor them
If you apply for this visa from outside Australia, family members who are not coming to Australia might also have to meet our health requirements.
You will need to show evidence of your financial capacity to support yourself and your family while you are in Australia
If you are in the eligible occupation or have approved sponsor, you may contact Vista Migration and Education Services - helping skilled individuals migrate to Australia!