This visa lets an under 18 years old overseas child who is single to live in Australia permanently with a relative if their parents are dead, are unable to care for them or can't be found
To be eligible for this visa, the child must satisfy the followings
- Child’s parents are dead, permanently incapable of caring for the child or can't be found.
- Sponsored by an eligible relative who is a settled Australian citizen, eligible New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident
- Under 18 at the time of the application
- Never been married or in a de facto relationship
- Meet the Health and Character requirements of the Australian Government.
The orphan child can include their dependent children on the visa application at the time of your application and before application decision have been made.
Dependent children of the orphan child who apply for the visa must meet the Health requirements of the Australian Government. Family members who are not coming to Australia might also have to meet the Health requirements of the Australian Government.