This visa lets the aged parent of a settled Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident of Australia or eligible New Zealand citizen move to Australia and live permanently in Australia. Applicant must be in Australia at the time of application and at the time of application decision.
To be eligible for this visa, the aged parent usually must satisfy the followings
- Meet the balance-of-family test
- Be able to obtain an assurance of support
- Usually must be sponsored by an eligible child who is a settled Australian citizen, Australian Permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen
- Meet the Health and Character requirements of the Australian Government.
- Be old enough to receive the age pension in Australia.
The applicant can include members of the family unit in their application. Applicant required to include details of all their family members, whether they are migrating or not.
Family members who apply for the visa must meet the Health requirements of the Australian Government. Family members who are not coming to Australia might also have to meet the Health requirements of the Australian Government.