This Child visa (subclass 802) allows an Onshore child of an Australian citizen, eligible New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident to live permanently in Australia with their parents. The applicant could be either a biological child, adopted child or stepchild. All eligible children must submit their own separate applications separately.
To be eligible for this visa, the child must satisfy the followings
- The child must be either:
- ~~ Under 18 years old, or
- ~~ over 18 and under 25 years and studying full time, or
- ~~ over 18 years with disability
- Must be financially dependent on their parent more than any other person
- Never been Married, engaged or in a de facto relationship
- Must have consent to migrate to Australia
- Meet the Health and Character requirements of the Australian Government.
- Sponsor parent must be either:
- ~~ An Australian citizen, or
- ~~ Australian permanent resident, or
- ~~ eligible New Zealand citizen
Dependent children can include their dependent children on the visa application at the time of your application and before application decision have been made.
Dependent children of the child who apply for the visa must meet the Health requirements of the Australian Government. Family members who are not coming to Australia might also have to meet the Health requirements of the Australian Government.