This is a permanent visa. It lets you stay in Australia indefinitely, enrol in Australia's public health care scheme, if eligible, apply for Australian citizenship.
This visa is for people who have lived and worked in specified areas of regional Australia on previous, eligible visa for at least 2 years before applying for this visa.
- Must be in Australia and hold an eligible visa subclass 489, 495, 496, 475 or 487 visa, or
- Bridging visa A or B granted for subclass 489, 495 or 487 visa application.
- Must have lived for a total of at least 2 years in a regional or low-population growth metropolitan area or designated area of Australia.
- Must have worked full-time for at least 12 months as the holder of one or more eligible skilled visas.
- All visa holder must have complied with the conditions attached to your eligible visa when in Australia.
- Meet health and character requirements.
- Must be in Australia for the grant of this visa
You can include members of the family unit with your visa application at the time of your application, if they currently hold an eligible visa. Each eligible family member must be added with the application. Family members can’t be added after application have been submitted. All family members must meet health and character requirements. Any applicant 18 years or older must meet functional English, otherwise need to pay 2nd VAC.