Contributory Parent Visa (Subclass 143)

This visa lets a parent of a settled Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident of Australia or eligible New Zealand citizen move to Australia and live permanently in Australia. This visa usually requires paying the full contribution fees if the applicant does not hold any other eligible visa. Full contribution fees are around $48000 AUD, which is payable in two instalments. Parent visa (subclass 143) could be granted within a few years where Parent visa (subclass 103) takes up to 30 years.


To be eligible for this visa, the parent usually must satisfy the followings

  • Meet the balance-of-family test
  • Be able to obtain an assurance of support
  • Usually must be sponsored by an eligible child who is an Australian citizen, Australian Permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen
  • Meet the Health and Character requirements of the Australian Government.

Note: eligibility criteria may vary depending on the visa applicant holding at the time of application.

Include family:

The applicant can include members of the family unit in their application. Applicant required to include details of all their family members, whether they are migrating or not.

If applied as a retiree, you can only include your partner if they are also a retiree.

Family members who apply for the visa must meet the Health requirements of the Australian Government. Family members who are not coming to Australia might also have to meet the Health requirements of the Australian Government.

Blog posts

English Test for PARTNER VISAS Permanent Stage (SC100/801)

Proposed Changes For PARTNER VISAS Permanent Stage (SC100/820)Recently The federal government announced proposed significant changes in partner visa (Permanent Stage) eligibility. This changes not implemented yet and most probably it will come in effect at the middle/ end of 2021. What are the proposed changes? Applicants and Sponsor will be required to pass the English language requirement only for Permanent stage partner visa (subclass 100/820). Whilst the level of English is not yet determined, it most likely is a basic English test. The applicant may need to show functional English (IELTS band score 4.5. no less than 4 on each band).

Read More

Subclass 491 visa nomination updates (NSW)

Subclass 491 visa nomination updates (NSW)Changes in the subclass 491visa nomination process and nomination criteria Under this new arrangement, each RDA will be responsible for setting their own eligible skilled occupations for nomination and accepting and assessing nomination applications for Skilled Work Regional visa (subclass 491) visa. Regional Development Australia (RDA) offices will begin assisting NSW Treasury manages the subclass 491 visa in early February 2021. Information on applying for nomination through participating RDAs, including eligible skilled occupations, will be made available on their respective websites. Nomination Criteria for a 491 visa in NSW will remain consistent across all regions and can be found below.

Read More


Study overseas is full of exciting opportunities, exploring a new country, cultures, meet new people, and make new memories. However, medical insurance is one essential thing that should be sorted before you are heading overseas.Medical insurance is a legal requirement for student visa holders in many countries, including Australia, Canada, the UK, and New Zealand. Without appropriate health cover, you might not be able to grant a student visa in your chosen country.

Read More


Pursuing your higher education from a country like Canada, Australia, The U.K., or New Zealand. could be the best decision you ever take for yourself. Most of the students from around the world take up international education with the prime motive of enhancing career opportunities or getting permanent residency in a developed nation. Studying in Canada is one of the best ways to get a Permanent Residency in this wonderful country.

Read More