Skilled Work Regional Visa (Subclass 491)

Visa (Subclass 491) is a Provisional visa for skilled workers who want to live and work in regional Australia. Visa holder can live, work and study in a designated regional area of Australia for 5 years from the date of the visa grant. Visa holder can apply for permanent residence, if eligible through the Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) visa (subclass 191) – which commences on 16 November 2022.

Basic Eligibility

You must:

  • Be invited to apply
  • Nominated to apply by a state or territory government agency or sponsored by an eligible relative.
  • Aged under 45
  • Your occupation should be on the relevant skilled occupation list.
  • Must have a valid suitable skills assessment for your occupation
  • Obtain at least 65 points to be invited to apply for this visa.
  • Meet the English requirements (Competent English)
  • Meet the health and character requirements of the Australian government.
Include family:

You can include members of the family unit with your visa application at the time of your application, before application decision have been made or as subsequent entrant after you have granted visa.

If the family members are in Australia, they must hold a substantive visa or a subclass 010 Bridging A visa, a subclass 020 Bridging B visa or a subclass 030 Bridging C visa. They might not be eligible for this visa if they have had a visa cancelled or refused while they were in Australia.

There is no age limit for the family members, but family members aged 18 years or older must either have functional English or should pay a Second VAC.

All family members aged 16 years and over accompanying you to Australia or not must meet the character requirements of the Australian government. Family members who is accompanying with you must also meet the health requirements if requested. family members not accompanying you to Australia might also need to meet our health requirement.

Blog posts

English Test for PARTNER VISAS Permanent Stage (SC100/801)

Proposed Changes For PARTNER VISAS Permanent Stage (SC100/820)Recently The federal government announced proposed significant changes in partner visa (Permanent Stage) eligibility. This changes not implemented yet and most probably it will come in effect at the middle/ end of 2021. What are the proposed changes? Applicants and Sponsor will be required to pass the English language requirement only for Permanent stage partner visa (subclass 100/820). Whilst the level of English is not yet determined, it most likely is a basic English test. The applicant may need to show functional English (IELTS band score 4.5. no less than 4 on each band).

Read More

Subclass 491 visa nomination updates (NSW)

Subclass 491 visa nomination updates (NSW)Changes in the subclass 491visa nomination process and nomination criteria Under this new arrangement, each RDA will be responsible for setting their own eligible skilled occupations for nomination and accepting and assessing nomination applications for Skilled Work Regional visa (subclass 491) visa. Regional Development Australia (RDA) offices will begin assisting NSW Treasury manages the subclass 491 visa in early February 2021. Information on applying for nomination through participating RDAs, including eligible skilled occupations, will be made available on their respective websites. Nomination Criteria for a 491 visa in NSW will remain consistent across all regions and can be found below.

Read More


Study overseas is full of exciting opportunities, exploring a new country, cultures, meet new people, and make new memories. However, medical insurance is one essential thing that should be sorted before you are heading overseas.Medical insurance is a legal requirement for student visa holders in many countries, including Australia, Canada, the UK, and New Zealand. Without appropriate health cover, you might not be able to grant a student visa in your chosen country.

Read More


Pursuing your higher education from a country like Canada, Australia, The U.K., or New Zealand. could be the best decision you ever take for yourself. Most of the students from around the world take up international education with the prime motive of enhancing career opportunities or getting permanent residency in a developed nation. Studying in Canada is one of the best ways to get a Permanent Residency in this wonderful country.

Read More