Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186)

Employer Nominated (subclass 186) visa is a permanent visa allows skilled workers who are nominated by their employer, live and work in Australia permanently.

This visa has three streams,

  • Temporary residence transition stream
  • Direct entry stream
  • Labour agreement stream

Each stream has its own eligibility criteria but regardless of which stream you are eligible for, you must have the followings

  • Must have the necessary skills for the job
  • Must be nominated by an Australian employer
  • Must meet health and character requirements.

Temporary residence transition stream:

This stream is available for you if you are on your Subclass 457 or Subclass 482 visa and your employer nominated you for the subclass 186 visa.


  • Must be under 45 years of age (Unless exempt)
  • Must be nominated by your employer who sponsors you for your subclass 457 /482 visa
  • Must have Competent English
  • Must hold an eligible visa o subclass 457 visa which not granted under labour agreement or
  • Subclass 482 visa for an occupation on the Medium to Long-term Strategic Skills list Or
  • Associated Bridging visa A, B, or C
  • Must have relevant work experience
  • ~~ have work full-time for your sponsored employer for at least 3 of the 4 years on your 457/482 visa before Nomination. Or
  • ~~ must have work full-time for your sponsored employer for at least 2 of the 3 years on your 457 visas which applied before and subsequently granted on 18 April 2017.
  • Must meet health and character requirements.

Direct entry stream:

This stream is available for you if your employer nominates you for this stream on the subclass 186 visa and you never worked or only briefly worked in Australia or you are on a temporary visa and do not qualify for the temporary residence transition stream.


  • Must be under 45 years of age (Unless exempt)
  • At least 3 years of relevant work experience (Unless Exempt)
  • Must have a positive skills assessment
  • Must be nominated by an Australian employer
  • Must have Competent English
  • Must meet health and character requirements.

Labour agreement stream:

You will be eligible for this stream if your employer has a labour agreement and you fulfil other requirements of this stream.

Include family:

You can include members of the family unit with your visa application at the time of your application, before application decision has been made or after you have granted your visa. There is no age requirement for this visa, but all family members aged 18 years or older must either have functional English or should pay a Second VAC.

All family members who apply for the visa must meet the Health and Character Requirements of the Australian Government.

Blog posts

English Test for PARTNER VISAS Permanent Stage (SC100/801)

Proposed Changes For PARTNER VISAS Permanent Stage (SC100/820)Recently The federal government announced proposed significant changes in partner visa (Permanent Stage) eligibility. This changes not implemented yet and most probably it will come in effect at the middle/ end of 2021. What are the proposed changes? Applicants and Sponsor will be required to pass the English language requirement only for Permanent stage partner visa (subclass 100/820). Whilst the level of English is not yet determined, it most likely is a basic English test. The applicant may need to show functional English (IELTS band score 4.5. no less than 4 on each band).

Read More

Subclass 491 visa nomination updates (NSW)

Subclass 491 visa nomination updates (NSW)Changes in the subclass 491visa nomination process and nomination criteria Under this new arrangement, each RDA will be responsible for setting their own eligible skilled occupations for nomination and accepting and assessing nomination applications for Skilled Work Regional visa (subclass 491) visa. Regional Development Australia (RDA) offices will begin assisting NSW Treasury manages the subclass 491 visa in early February 2021. Information on applying for nomination through participating RDAs, including eligible skilled occupations, will be made available on their respective websites. Nomination Criteria for a 491 visa in NSW will remain consistent across all regions and can be found below.

Read More


Study overseas is full of exciting opportunities, exploring a new country, cultures, meet new people, and make new memories. However, medical insurance is one essential thing that should be sorted before you are heading overseas.Medical insurance is a legal requirement for student visa holders in many countries, including Australia, Canada, the UK, and New Zealand. Without appropriate health cover, you might not be able to grant a student visa in your chosen country.

Read More


Pursuing your higher education from a country like Canada, Australia, The U.K., or New Zealand. could be the best decision you ever take for yourself. Most of the students from around the world take up international education with the prime motive of enhancing career opportunities or getting permanent residency in a developed nation. Studying in Canada is one of the best ways to get a Permanent Residency in this wonderful country.

Read More