This is a permanent visa allows skilled workers who are nominated by their employer in regional Australia, live and work in Australia permanently.
This visa used to have two streams,
- Direct entry stream
- Temporary residence transition stream
Direct entry stream:
is closed for new application since 16 November 2019 due to the introduction of the Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 494), which commence on 16 November 2019.
is open for applicants who have been working for their sponsored employer in regional Australia for at least 3 of the 4 years on subclass 457/482 visa prior to nominating for the subclass 187 visa.
- Must be nominated by an approved employer in regional Australia.
- Your position must be in regional Australia
- Usually must not have turned 45 at the time of invitation to apply for the visa
- Must be the primary visa holder of either subclass 457/482 visa
- Must have Competent English
- Meet health and character requirements.
You can include members of the family unit with your visa application at the time of your application, before application decision have been made or after you have granted your visa. There is no age requirement for this visa, but all family members aged 18 years or older must either hav functional English or should pay a Second VAC.
All family members who apply for the visa must meet the Health and Character Requirements of the Australian Government.