The Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) allowing recent international graduates from an Australian educational institution who have completed higher studies in Australia to live, study and work in Australia for a period varying 18 months to 4 years, depending on the type of studies that have been completed. The applicant needs to be onshore at the time of application and visa decision.
There are two streams to this visa:
This visa is for international students who have recently graduated with skills and qualifications that are relevant to specific occupations in Australia needs. This visa usually let you live, study and work in Australia temporarily for up to 18 months.
This visa is for international students who have recently graduated with a degree from an Australian institution. This visa usually let you live, study and work in Australia temporarily between 2 and 4 years, depending on your qualification.
To be Eligible for this visa you must have the followings:
- under 50 years of age
- Successfully completed all course requirements of your CRICOS-registered course within 6 months before you lodge your application.
- Meet the Australian study requirement
- Hold an eligible qualification at degree-level or above regardless of their field of study (Post- Study Work stream)
- Have skills and qualifications that Australia needs (Graduate Work stream)
- Your occupation on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) (Graduate Work stream)
- Your degree, diploma or trade qualification closely related to that occupation (Graduate Work stream)
- Skills assessed by a relevant assessing authority as having skills suitable for that occupation (Graduate Work stream)
- you held an Australian study visa that allowed you to study
- your study was in English
- English language requirement (IELTS overall 6 with no less than 5 on each band or equivalent score in other acceptable English test).
- Have adequate health insurance in Australia.
- Meet the health and character requirements of the Australian government.
- Not have had a visa cancelled or a previous application refused
You can include your partner and dependent children with you visa application if they are in Australia on a valid visa at the time of application. Your offshore members of the family unit also can apply after your visa granted as subsequent entrant.