Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485)

The Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) allowing recent international graduates from an Australian educational institution who have completed higher studies in Australia to live, study and work in Australia for a period varying 18 months to 4 years, depending on the type of studies that have been completed. The applicant needs to be onshore at the time of application and visa decision.

There are two streams to this visa:

Graduate Work stream

This visa is for international students who have recently graduated with skills and qualifications that are relevant to specific occupations in Australia needs. This visa usually let you live, study and work in Australia temporarily for up to 18 months.

Post-Study Work stream

This visa is for international students who have recently graduated with a degree from an Australian institution. This visa usually let you live, study and work in Australia temporarily between 2 and 4 years, depending on your qualification.


To be Eligible for this visa you must have the followings:

  • under 50 years of age
  • Successfully completed all course requirements of your CRICOS-registered course within 6 months before you lodge your application.
  • Meet the Australian study requirement
  • Hold an eligible qualification at degree-level or above regardless of their field of study (Post- Study Work stream)
  • Have skills and qualifications that Australia needs (Graduate Work stream)
  • Your occupation on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) (Graduate Work stream)
  • Your degree, diploma or trade qualification closely related to that occupation (Graduate Work stream)
  • Skills assessed by a relevant assessing authority as having skills suitable for that occupation (Graduate Work stream)
  • you held an Australian study visa that allowed you to study
  • your study was in English
  • English language requirement (IELTS overall 6 with no less than 5 on each band or equivalent score in other acceptable English test).
  • Have adequate health insurance in Australia.
  • Meet the health and character requirements of the Australian government.
  • Not have had a visa cancelled or a previous application refused
Include family:

You can include your partner and dependent children with you visa application if they are in Australia on a valid visa at the time of application. Your offshore members of the family unit also can apply after your visa granted as subsequent entrant.

Blog posts

English Test for PARTNER VISAS Permanent Stage (SC100/801)

Proposed Changes For PARTNER VISAS Permanent Stage (SC100/820)Recently The federal government announced proposed significant changes in partner visa (Permanent Stage) eligibility. This changes not implemented yet and most probably it will come in effect at the middle/ end of 2021. What are the proposed changes? Applicants and Sponsor will be required to pass the English language requirement only for Permanent stage partner visa (subclass 100/820). Whilst the level of English is not yet determined, it most likely is a basic English test. The applicant may need to show functional English (IELTS band score 4.5. no less than 4 on each band).

Read More

Subclass 491 visa nomination updates (NSW)

Subclass 491 visa nomination updates (NSW)Changes in the subclass 491visa nomination process and nomination criteria Under this new arrangement, each RDA will be responsible for setting their own eligible skilled occupations for nomination and accepting and assessing nomination applications for Skilled Work Regional visa (subclass 491) visa. Regional Development Australia (RDA) offices will begin assisting NSW Treasury manages the subclass 491 visa in early February 2021. Information on applying for nomination through participating RDAs, including eligible skilled occupations, will be made available on their respective websites. Nomination Criteria for a 491 visa in NSW will remain consistent across all regions and can be found below.

Read More


Study overseas is full of exciting opportunities, exploring a new country, cultures, meet new people, and make new memories. However, medical insurance is one essential thing that should be sorted before you are heading overseas.Medical insurance is a legal requirement for student visa holders in many countries, including Australia, Canada, the UK, and New Zealand. Without appropriate health cover, you might not be able to grant a student visa in your chosen country.

Read More


Pursuing your higher education from a country like Canada, Australia, The U.K., or New Zealand. could be the best decision you ever take for yourself. Most of the students from around the world take up international education with the prime motive of enhancing career opportunities or getting permanent residency in a developed nation. Studying in Canada is one of the best ways to get a Permanent Residency in this wonderful country.

Read More