Information technology is an integral part of almost every aspect of our life, Become a skilled IT technician for a rewarding profession.
Here are some of the most common computer-related fields:
- Designing & Development
- Hardware & Software Support
- Networking & Security
- Much More!
Computer technology is integral part of almost every business now, and it requires skilled workforce to keep things organized and moving.
- Variety of fields to study
- Ample job opportunities
- Lucrative returns
- Excellent career path
- PR-pathway program
Here are the reasons to choose us for your IT program:
- Enrol in desired program from renowned provider
- Consultation from experienced counsellor
- End-to-end assistance with admission
- Much more
Before applying for student visa in Australia, one must have:
- a valid passport for the duration of your study in Australia
- offer letter from the selected university/institution
- evidence of access to sufficient funds*
- evidence of Overseas Student Health Cover
- all other relevant documents listed on the Department of Immigration and Border Protection visa checklists
English entry requirement
Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) score 58 (no communicative skill score less than 50) or IELTS score 6.5 overall (no score below 6.0 in each of the component) *
Professional year program for Information Technology
The ACS (IT) Professional Year is a Department of Home Affairs initiative which is designed for international graduates with an Australian IT degree. Developed by the Australian Computer Society, the ACS PY program provides IT graduates with a guided pathway from university to employment in Australia.
The reason for the development of this course is to provide a solution to the limited number of skilled professionals in Australia and increase the number of employable international students by increasing their expertise and skill-set and giving them the opportunity to obtain field training.
It is a 44-week course which includes 32 weeks of coursework and 12 weeks of internship.
One of the top benefits of completing a Professional Year Program is that the graduate is eligible to receive five (5) extra points on the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) 'points test' when applying for a Skilled Independent (subclass 189) visa.
Pathway to Australian Permanent residency
Because of increased demand for IT graduates and as with other sectors of information technology, these occupations are listed consistently in the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) and Combined List of Eligible Skilled Occupations.
As mentioned above, a PY graduate is eligible to receive five (5) extra points on the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) 'points test' when applying for a Skilled Independent (subclass 189) visa.
ANZSCO CODE: 261313 – SOFTWARE ENGINEER
WHAT DOES A SOFTWARE ENGINEER DO?
- Designs & develops
- Modifies & documents
- Tests applications
- Implements, installs and supports software applications & systems
- Researching, consulting, analysing and evaluating system program needs
- Identifying technology limitations and deficiencies in existing systems and associated processes, procedures and methods
- Testing, debugging, diagnosing and correcting errors and faults in an applications programming language within established testing protocols, guidelines and quality standards to ensure programs and applications perform to specification
- Writing and maintaining program code to meet system requirements, system designs and technical specifications in accordance with quality accredited standards
- Writing, updating and maintaining technical program, end user documentation and operational procedures
- Providing advice, guidance and expertise in developing proposals and strategies for software design activities such as financial evaluation and costings for recommending software purchases and upgrades
VISA OPTIONS FOR IMMIGRATION PER MLTSSL
- 186 - Employer Nomination Scheme visa (subclass 186)
- 189 - Skilled Independent (subclass 189) - Points-Tested
- 190 - Skilled Nominated (subclass 190)
- 407 - Training visa (subclass 407)
- 485 - Temporary Graduate (subclass 485) - Graduate Work
- 489 - Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489) - Family nominated
- 489 - Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489) - State or Territory nominated
- 482 - Temporary Skill Shortage (subclass 482) – Medium Term Stream
- 187 - Regional Sponsor Migration Scheme (subclass 187)
- Computer Applications Engineer
- Database Designer
- Systems Architect