This qualification will equip individuals with a sound theoretical knowledge in marketing and communication and will be able to demonstrate a range of managerial skills to ensure that functions are effectively conducted in an organisation or business area. Typically they would have responsibility for the work of other staff and lead teams.
Target groups for the BSB52415 Diploma of Marketing and Communication are international students who are:
- Seeking to pursue a career in marketing and communication
- Seeking to enter a new industry sector
- Seeking a pathway to higher level qualifications.
This course is delivered over 52 weeks, including 36 weeks of training and assessment delivered over three trimesters (including 6 terms of 6 weeks each and 16 weeks of holidays).
This course is conducted with a blended learning model that includes face-to-face in classrooms and in simulated workplace environments, and also via interactive online/distance learning.
Career Outcomes. Students are provided with advice on employment and training options throughout the delivery of the program.
Students who complete this course may be able to seek employment in a range of supervisory marketing, communications or sales roles.
Students who complete this course may wish to further their study into the BSB61315 Advanced Diploma of Marketing and Communication or a range of Advanced Diploma qualifications.
Entry into this qualification is limited to students have previously completed the core units from BSB42415 Certificate IV in Marketing and Communication:
- BSBCMM401 Make a presentation
- BSBCRT401 Articulate, present and debate ideas
- BSBMGT407 Apply digital solutions to work processes
- BSBMKG417 Apply marketing communication across a convergent industry
- BSBMKG418 Develop and apply knowledge of marketing communication industry
In addition, Trinity Institute (Australia) has the following entry requirements:
International students must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Meet the following education requirements:
- Year 12 or equivalent; or
- a Certificate III qualification or equivalent or above.
- Meet the following English requirements:
- Have an IELTS academic score of 5.5 or equivalent (test must have been taken be no more than 2 years ago). English language competence can also be demonstrated through documented evidence of any of the following:
- Educated for 5 years in an English-speaking country; or
- Successful completion of at least 6 months of a Certificate IV level course or above in an Australian education institution; or
- Successful completion of an Oxford English language placement test with an overall score of not less than Level B2 (Upper Intermediate).